Geriatrics & Palliative Care
Aging is not equal to suffering
Aging brings with it, special needs, unique demands and a variety of stresses which need to be understood and compassionately, competently managed.
The multidisciplinary team approach focuses on the prevention and treatment of common ailments seen in the elderly. We believe that aging should not compromise the happiness and quality of your life. Successful assessment promotes wellness and independence.
Palliative Care Service
We are committed to provide an organized, comprehensive, multidisciplinary program of high quality, cost-effective palliative care in collaboration with patients and their families who are coping with chronic and life threatening conditions.
Palliative care focuses on advanced care planning with patients and families. It is combined with curative therapies or may be the focal point of care.
- Patients with pain or other unrelieved symptoms
- Individuals with AIDS, ALS, Dementia, Cancer, Sickle Cell and those with chronic neurological and muscular diseases
- People in all stages of chronic illness and life-threatening illness
- Persons with cardiac disease, such as CHF, and those with pulmonary disease, such as COPD and persons with other progressive illnesses
Palliative care team is a multidisciplinary team of physicians, nurses, social workers, dieticians, chaplain, case managers , hospice nurses, nurse practitioners, holistic nurses, pharmacists, and other professional consultants working together to meet the special needs of the patient and family.
The palliative care program is coordinated by a steering committee and follows the Center For Advance Palliative Care practices and guidelines.
- Inpatient consultation
- Referral services
- Pain and symptom management
- Family education
- Bereavement services
Contact us: Palliative Care Department